Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Bizarre Discovery

I was browsing for pictures to inclued in my Art Folio when I came across a very very adorable picture with the caption " Fish with arms and legs...". I immediately searched the same caption on the web and found tht the animal was infact real, and is called Axolotl. IT'S SO ADORABLE. Well at least the pink ones are :)

Found in Mexico, the Axolotl, or Ambystoma mexicanum is a neotenic salamander blonging to the Tiger Salamander complex. Neotenic means that it reaches sexual maturity without undergoing metamorphosis. Larvae of this species fail to undergo metamorphosis so they remain aquatic and have gills as adults. They can regenerate most of their body parts and breed easily too. :) Dont confuse them with waterdogs or mudpuppies, though their all part of the same family, they arent the same. AXOLOTL'S ARE CUTER :) Except for the , umm, unnatractive ones of course. *Shivers* They look like their half toad half alien. I swear.


ISN'T IT ADORABLE?! :) I name this one Squeaky :) I love Squeakyy !





This ones alright I suppose :P I'll name it, Monet.




Auwww, you know Axolotl's always look like they're smiling for some odd reason! haha.
Hmm, this one will be called, Mr Hyde ! :) Hahaha.

Lovely.

3 comments:

  1. the first one is uber cute! the second one is yuck! the third one is........btw, hyde is my fav singer's name. n he looks waaayyyy hotter thn that.criusly, d pink one is very cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... SO CUTEEEEEEEE
    my newest favourite animal..
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOWW RIGHTTTT! hahaaa. yes nadiah and nicholas, they are awesomely cute :) I saw them first! :P

    ReplyDelete