Friday, February 20, 2009

762 Miles Away

I won't bring it up,
I won't mention a thing.

I'll just say,
You didn't have to say those words to me,
Even though I hope you didnt mean them.

*****

I've come to realize,
How much you miss someone once they're gone,
Even if you feel like their absence won't affect you,
You find that it's their presence keeps you strong.
I've come to realize that,
This someone has been the only person,
That I can confide in,
That I can laugh with,
That I can cry with,
That I can turn to when things aren't going as planned.
Though I know you will be home soon,
I can't wait to be wrapped in your arms,
For I miss the comfort of being near you.
I miss you, Umi.

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful K, u r gifted in words.


    How much you miss someone once they're gone,
    Even if you feel like their absence won't affect you,
    You find that it's their presence keeps you strong

    ReplyDelete