Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Program Pendedahan Kerjaya Seorang Doktor

Day III

Still, today, not much.
Visited Pembedahan Am department.
Got the same old talk from the surgeon there.
How long houseman-ship is, how long med school is.
Wish they talked more about their daily schedule as a doctor in their respective fields.
Anyway, he was funny though, so it was alright :)

We just saw some patients lying in bed in the surgical ward. Got another speech from a houseman. She was very direct, and truthful, and I liked her. She told us all about what being a houseman is about, but that time, even after hearing it so many times from different housemen that I didn't want to listen to, I believed her. I heard her, and I believed and respected her, for some reason. I don't know. Another houseman was nice, she said, it's satisfying, and if you enjoy helping others and being there for them and making the better, she recommends the profession for you if not, then don't.

So that was the program. It was good, had a good view into the lives of doctors in different departments, as small as the view was, we got a general idea I think.

All in all, it was a great experience and I won't forget it, and I'm grateful for the fact that I got to see what I was getting myself into before actually putting one foot in the door, unlike those before me.

Sorry there aren't any pictures, most of the time we weren't allowed to take any so yeah, didn't bother taking anything at all. Hope my memory served me, and you, well :)

Adios ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment