Sunday, January 16, 2011

Deception Point by Dan Brown

deception-point.jpg


This book is one of the only books that I can honestly say made me laugh and scream out loud. A book has never ever ever made me do that.

It's just clever. And gripping, thrilling and suspenseful. Dan Brown has this way of writing, that glued my hands to his book. I just couldn't put it down. His writing allowed me to create this amazing motion picture in my imagination that I didn't want to stop watching, despite my better intentions to put the book down and sleep!

President Zachary Herney is facing reelection and losing supporters to Senator Sedgewick Sexton because of the Senator's revelation of the harsh truths and his scrutiny over NASA's broken promises, over-budget and failed missions. The President gets Rachel Sexton (the senator's daughter), who is a gister for the NRO, involved in this amazing predicament (a serious "this will change the world" predicament) with some of the smartest people she'll ever meet, to make things right and prove that NASA is important to the country. Gisters reduce complex reports into single-page briefs, and in this case the president needs that confirmation before he broadcasts to the nation, probably ensuring his reelection. It's tricky because Rachel is the daughter of his opponent. Rachel has no choice, and joins the team, amazed to be told that a strange object had been found buried deep in the arctic ice; a meteor. And after countless tests and samples, it was proven that they had discovered fossils of organisms in that meteor; evidential of extraterrestrial life. However, Rachel Sexton and Michael Tolland (from the team), suspect something is amiss when the meteor is pulled out of its icy grave.

This book is really good. You should pick it up and read ittt! :D I will not tell you more for it will ruin everything! GOOOOO DAN BROWNNNNN! JYEAH!

1 comment: