Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kuku kachew!

Hello and welcome 2011 :)

Bit late, I know, but hey, better late than never.

I AM ON MID SEMESTER BREAK! JYEAHHHH! A week off, and lets hope I don't waste it.

I got off last Thursday, and shot off straight to LANGKAWI with the family baybay!!!

It was so so so so wonderful. About 13 of us went, and it was amazing, nothing else to say about it.

Went swimming everyday, dug our feet in the beautiful fine sand and let the waves crash on us and drag us around like helpless little rag-dolls, haha. The waves were the biggest I've seen in a while. Though the water wasn't blue where we were staying, it was still great. The blue water was near the airport and where the cable cars place was, that, was some nicely coloured sea water man :)

And my gosh the cable car. FRIGGEN COOL. There were about 2 stations before we got to the top, then we went almost vertical to another station which brought us to the suspension bridge. The view was absolutely breathtaking the whole way. The ride itself was breath taking, like literally. I've never experienced such a quiet atmosphere. All you can hear is the wind. Have you ever heard nothing but the wind? It was like my ears were slathered in gorgeousness. Beautiful, really it was. Going up there, you're surrounded by the pure elegance of nature, lush greens, the earthy tones and silky white threads of water from the waterfall hidden behind the trees, and cool fresh air. Really, really serene :) The suspension bridge was awesome! If you stand still, you'll feel it moving with the wind and the stomping of everyone's feet. But my goodness the stairs that you have to go down from the cable car station to the suspension bridge, woooweeeh! SOOOO MANYY STEPSSSSSSS. Seriously, it was a whole lot of weathered and uneven steps to go down and climb back up. Hahaa. All was worth it though :)

Went to visit Mahsuri's tomb, and that was an interesting history lesson! Her story's so intriguing, and to me, no painted or poetic interpretation of her beauty can ever explain how beautiful she was. I just, I can't imagine. It's almost like the Mona Lisa, there's just something about that painting. You just don't know what. Like, you want to know why she's got that face on and why she was painted. But you can't know. You won't ever really know. Well it's sort of that same feeling for Mahsuri and her story. I don't know, something eerily beautiful.

Here are some pictures, I loved this trip! :)

Waves! Not the biggest I saw though, didn't catch that one on camera! Was too busy being drenched by it :P

These are my footprints; yes I have flat feet :D Doesn't this look like a book cover to you? :P

Had breakfast at Breakfast Bar on Jalan Pantai Cenang (which was where we were staying) and it had this cool thing outside its doors. Good Morning in different languages. Neat huh? :)

Cue music : DUN DUN DUNNN!!!!!
Haha, The cable car line.. alllll the way up there. Woooweeeh!

On the cable car! EEEEK!

This is the highest point I took a picture at, after that, my hands were too shaky, lol :P


The suspension bridge. Beautiful architecture right? Woooh!


Views from the bridge; what did I tell you? :D AWE-wait for it- SOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment