Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Audrey, Audrey, Audrey.

Have to say, I'm quite proud of these.


The Original:




Mine:




The Original:




Mine:



It all started with a trip to IKEA with my parents. I saw a big canvas with the above picture on it, the second one, and I wanted it immediately. But, it was RM 149. Hence, my dad (who says this ALL the time, about alot of paintings and or drawings) said,
" You could draw that, it's just shading".
Of course I was like, haih, I don't want to draw it, I'm not as good at art as you think I am. I need the mood.
Of course, a father's and mother's faith in their child so called talent is never doubted, so my dad asked me to take a picture of it, but I forgot my phone. My mom then enthusiastically took a picture of it. As for me, enthusiastic is not the word I would use to describe how I felt at that moment. It was more like, laziness. haha. So then that picture was left in my mother's phone for quite a while, and I forgot about it too.

One day I was finding something productive to do as my mum always say smart people can ALWAYS think and find something to do with their time. Therefore, with my mother's philosophical theory embedded into my cerebrum, I have never experienced total boredom, maybe some snippets of my life have been filled with boredom, but hey everybody needs balance! haha.
Okay back to the story, I thought of drawing that Audrey Hepburn painting, and I thought about how small the picture in my moms phone was. So I searched for it on the internet. Found it, and started sketching. After about an hour and a half or so, I produced a sketch of the picture, but I don't have it on my computer so you'll just have to imagine it, hehe. So i spent another hour or so painting it, and was so very chuffed with the results. I framed it, and now it's on my wall. Only the second picture that is up there. I haven't framed the first one you saw up there, I drew that one about 2 weeks or something like that after the first one.

There are some not-the-same parts of my paintings, but hey, I'm okay with that. In fact that shows they're painted by me :D
An original of an original :)

You can see, on the first picture that I painted, the cigarette holder's end is all fat, that's because my hand was shaking so bad, it was tired. Hahaa. I think it gives this little touch of,
"Yes, I am careless sometimes, and this painting will not be perfect. Oh well."

So yeah, am now working on a Twiggy piece :D Should be done soon!

Wooohooo :D
Lemme know what you think!

Stay funkeh.

5 comments:

  1. WHOA ARE YOU SERIOUS ? OMG THE LITTLE IMPERFECTIONS MAKES IT MORE PERFECT! WOW IM SO PROUD OF YOU ITS SO FREAKINGLY AMAZING YOU ARE A BORN ARTIST SUCH MARVELOUS WORK MY DEAR FRIEND MY GOODNESS I HAVENT STOP WITH A FULLSTOP WELL SO WHAT BECAUSE ITS SO AMAZAZINGG WAHHHHH !

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks you emon !!!!:)

    HAHAHAHAA, DAIAA! THANK YOUUU :D AMAZAZINGGG? HAHA Awesome :D

    ReplyDelete