Monday, November 14, 2011

Distant, fading, but never not there.

There was this one time, where after a long and hard day, a bunch of us all sat down in a big circle. Just to rest ourselves. This was in school, in one of the ruang legar's. Everyone was pooped, it was around 5pm, and it was quiet.

One of us, started singing Somewhere Only We Know by Keane. And, automatically, everyone just followed suit. It was this, "I'm so happy we're all here, and lets just enjoy this" kind of moment. I can still remember the breeze blowing, it was a little cloudy, and we were just looking at one another and singing to each other. That feeling of comfort with each other.

"Oh simple things, where have you gone" ...

It was just, perfect. Things were in fact, much simpler back then, and I guess we knew that at that particular moment? Somehow subconsciously we knew that where we were at that moment was going to be a moment that we would miss and yearn for forever. I don't know. It was just too perfect. I don't know how else to explain it.

Now, things have changed, some for the better, some for the worse. But if you just freeze time, go back to that moment, it was the best thing ever. For me. Someone actually recorded it, and around a year or so after that, that person let me listen to it, and I haven't been able to forget it since. The recording is lost, but the memory will be there always.

I still get teary eyed and have goosebumps thinking about it 3 years later.


:')

1 comment: