Sunday, April 1, 2012

Velvety

Finally, after maybe a few months of wanting to do it. I did. And it turned out pretttty good.

Baked myself a red velvet cake ( with a little help from lil bro, thanks lil chef).

Okay first of all I need to tell you guys a story that's related to this cake.

When I was in Malacca a couple of years back, we spent a lot of time walking through the night life in Jonker's Street.

And we found several stalls selling this juice. There were alcoholic and non0alcoholic ones.
So we bought ourselves a few bottles (they were in colourful glass bottles) of the non alcoholic ones (duhh) and there was one in particular that I loved.

It was purple, and it was an apple and guava flavoured one. Drank it, awesome... then the aftertaste hits you. It almost tasted like lavender. So cool. I loveeedd it.

Anyway, what does that have to do with a red velvet cake you might ask?

Well, the red velvet cake I baked today, has that same aftertaste, only, a little more soapy. hahahaha.
I have no idea how it became so, because the reviews from the recipe I used were allllllllll positive.
I researched it, and its because of the baking powder. Never had this problem before, but the vinegar and the baking powder in the cake must've had a party in there because it came out with a subtle aftertaste.

The frosting however, mind-blowingly good. Creamy. Just nice. So happy with it.

Whatever it is, it was a gooooood cake. The icing made up for that aftertaste, and it was barely tastable. 3/4 of the cake was gone in half an hour, which is a good sign :)

Me/Dad : Does it taste soapy?/No, absolutely to die for./Auw thank you :) / What's it called again? Velvety cake? / Haha, red velvet cake laaaa :).

Enjoy :)

Had some white specks because I dusted the cake pan with flour. Thinner than I expected.

Red Velvet Sandwich, anyone?

HOOHOHOHOHOHOYEAH.


:O :O :O :O :O :O :O

Teehee :D

Byeeeee.

YEAHH! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment