Saturday, June 2, 2012

Baby Toitles

I absolutely loved the trip to Cherating :)

Ask any of my friends who came along,  I was giddy and kiddy and happy the entire trip. Give me a break, it was my first time camping.

But we didn't really "camp". The wind and rain were too harsh on our tents, so they all kept blowing away even with our stuff in them. Girls slept in the surau and the guys slept wherever there was space ie dining table, dining benches and concrete floor. Ahh, such chivalry :D haha.

Not going to post much about the trip, but I will say that it was breathtaking MasyaAllah.

The beach in the morning, was beautiful. I've never seen water so blue :) Even the ocean in Langkawi when the family went last year wasn't as blue and turquoise-y. Beautiful. And the sand, my goodness it was fine ! And uber hot, had to run across it and the soles of my feet were extremely flushed!

The baby turtles were little amazeballs filled will adorableness. Letting them find their way into the big blue was bittersweet and nothing less than a remarkable experience, one that I'll definitely remember forever.

All in all, wonderful experience, would gladly do it again.

How blue is that? And that gorgeous green hued tint in the front? Magical! I swear, this came straight from the camera, no editing. The wind was perfect too. Blissful.


Love it! 

One of the turtles being taken care of in the sanctuary. It's head reminds me of an ancient reptile or a bird sometimes. Has a beautiful pattern on its shell, and also its limbs. Very pretty and or handsome. :) 

The little ball lookalikes in the blue plastic bag are turtle eggs. They were like pingpong balls with hot jelly in them, mushy but strong enough to handle with your hands. You can see some eggs already in the hole, they were transferring them in there from the plastic bag. This is what they call incubation, and this area is located away from the beach area, and in the resort. It keeps the eggs safe from threats that come in both human and animal forms if simply left where the turtle originally laid its eggs on the beach. 

Pretty eh? :)

Got to love morning silhouettes. 

Showing some toitle love. 

Now this one's just a show off, pfft. Just like the guy holding it. The toitle actually posed, clever little thing. 

This one was my toitle :) I named it Rahrah. hehe. I released another one as well, that ones name was Doodles. 

How freaking adorable is that? 


Sad thing is, the founder of the sanctuary said that only around 18 or so from the 50+ baby turtles we released into the ocean may survive. Therefore, Doodles and RahRah, I hope you remain strong throughout your lives and live a long happy life down in the deep turquoise sea. 


Love, 
Keisha aka Turtle :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment