Sunday, June 3, 2012

There's a longing.

I really want to change my blog's look. Give it a new hairstyle or something, you get me?
But every time I try, I keep changing it back to this. Simple and white and boring. My blog is actually most probably one of the most boring blogs to have ever occupied space on the internet, if not the most boring of all.

I was reading some tips about how not to make your blog boring. And one of them was "Don't write extremely long blog posts without pictures" and I was just like, DAMMIT. I just found that out by the way, the word dammit. I spelt it damnit hitherto. I've only oticed today that spellcheck underlines damnit in red, but it accepts dammit. Further research veered towards dammit being the right way to spell it. I just think damnit looks better. I don't know. Oh god, how is it possible that I can just hop from one subject to another even while typing? Fun though.

Back to the topic at hand.

Boringness.

Speaking of boring (here I go again), I don't know about you lot, but I often hear people say, "Aku boring doh", and I never fail to laugh at this. I do occasionally nod and say "Yes, YES you are boring." if i do not like the person who said it :D

But if you think about it, being bored, is completely different than being boring yes? Therefore the context of the word boring is wrongly understood in the phrase (I call it phrase because it has become one) "Aku boring".  People perceive it as 'Oh, she has nothing to do, she's bored'. The latter thought would be the case had the person of discussion said "Aku bored do". I suppose it sounds very peculiar to say it like that, "Aku bored". Very, gramatically incorrect. However bear in mind we're speaking broken English already, so let's just toss grammar to the wind shall we? After all, broken English is where we say things like

1. "Same like me!" which is a literal translation of 'Sama seperti saya.'
2. "My one" which is not really a literal translation but means " Saya punya". Literally translated that would be 'I have'.
3. "Masa dah time". REALLY? -_-  This means "Time's up"
4. "Cuba try test" or more fondly pronounced "chetrai/chetraites" which means "Why don't you give it a try?". This is my personal favourite :)

which are all completely grammatically unsound, haha. It is a hazard to grammatical health I'm afraid.
I personally love speaking in broken English. I hope I'm using the correct term here, broken English, to describe the mixing of words of our mother tongue with English words. Broken English can be a lot of things, so I think I'm good.

But this is sort of what I'm getting at.
BANGOLOW!! -photo from photobucket
Weheyy, a picture!! Finally Keisha, a picture! Cue gospel choir angel sounds. 


Well anyway, from a broing blog to the wrong usage of the brothers and sisters of the word bore. 

This is me,  signing out. 
Not bored :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment